Calculating hours for a timesheet

  1. #1
    Niq
    Guest

    Calculating hours for a timesheet

    I am trying to create a worksheet where I can enter my start & end times and
    then use that figure to calculate my hourly fee in dollars. I have separate
    columns for the start & end times, another column that calculates what the
    difference between those is (but it shows it in h:mm format), so I have
    another column that converts that to a decimal (using the INT function), a
    column that has the hourly fee & a column for the final rate. Is there a way
    to eliminate the extra column with the h:mm format?

  2. #2
    Steve
    Guest

    Re: Calculating hours for a timesheet

    =(C4-B4)*24*D4

    Where
    C4 = finisht time
    B4 = start Time
    D4 = hourly rate

    If you want to understand more about dates and times see:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm

    Steve

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Calculating hours for a timesheet

    Hi!

    You can eliminate the difference column and the decimal
    column:

    A2 = Start
    B2 = End
    C2 = Difference
    D2 = Decimal value
    E2 = Hourly fee

    =(B2-A2+(A2>B2))*24*E2

    Biff

  4. #4
    Steve
    Guest

    Re: Calculating hours for a timesheet

    Biff's function takes working past midnight into account.

    news:[email protected]...