A cell reference in a formula changing

  1. #1
    knemitz
    Guest

    A cell reference in a formula changing

    How do I keep a cell reference in a formula from changing when a cell is
    inserted above it?

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: A cell reference in a formula changing

    You need to use the INDIRECT worksheet function. For example, to refer to
    cell A1 no matter what is inserted above or to the left of the current cell
    A1:

    =INDIRECT("A1")

    HTH,
    Bernie