is statement with an empty cell as result

  1. #1
    RDM
    Guest

    is statement with an empty cell as result

    Hello,
    I would like to have en empty cell as recul instead of a zero or a ""
    here is the formula I use :
    =if(A5=0,"",if(B5=0,"",A5/B5))
    I want to make a graph and when I have a blank my graph falls as if it was a
    zero
    can anybody help me ?

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: is statement with an empty cell as result

    go to <Tools><Options><chart> and select plot empty cells either as not
    ploted or as interpolated. ,(I appologize in that I don't know what "recul"
    means

  3. #3
    RDM
    Guest

    RE: is statement with an empty cell as result

    the result of my formula
    =if(A5=0,"",if(B5=0,"",A5/B5))
    is not an empty cell, and I would like it to be an empty cell so that my
    graph would not plot this point as a zéro

  4. #4
    bj
    Guest

    RE: is statement with an empty cell as result

    You are correct.
    I don't think there is a simple solution

    A brute force method would be to have a free column next to the one of
    interest.
    Use auto filter to get non blanks in the column of interest
    highlight this results and corner drag them to the new column. plot this
    column with auto filter off. you would have to clear this coulmn between each
    iteration of results.
    If your plot is an XY plot you could plot the column of interest with the
    auto filter on and get a similar result.

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: is statement with an empty cell as result

    Use NA() instead of "" or 0, it might look ugly but the chart will plot OK

    =if(A5=0,NA(),if(B5=0,NA(),A5/B5))

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...