How do I return entire rows in a lookup of one sheet to another?

  1. #1
    dflohn
    Guest

    How do I return entire rows in a lookup of one sheet to another?

    I am trying to setup anohter sheet in Excel and have it do a lookup in the
    first, and return all of the rows which meet the criteria ( Value in column
    A). How can I do this?

  2. #2
    Guest

    How do I return entire rows in a lookup of one sheet to another?

    hi,
    you can't. the lookup functions in excel only return the
    value in a single cell.
    to do what you want you are possible looking at a macro.

  3. #3
    CarlosAntenna
    Guest

    Re: How do I return entire rows in a lookup of one sheet to another?

    Two suggestions:

    1) Rather than create another sheet, you could just filter the original list
    based on the value in column A. Data > Filter > Autofilter then pull down
    the list on column A and select the value you want.

    2) If you need another sheet to make changes or something, you could do a
    query of the data table using Data > Import External Data > New Database
    Query.

    -- Carlos

    news:[email protected]...