Numbering pages

  1. #1
    Red
    Guest

    Numbering pages

    I will try to explain again, I did not do a very good job last time. I have
    a workbook that has several tabs. Under these tabs there may be several
    pages of information. I would like to be able to number the pages and have
    the number change as additional pages are added. Also I would like to be
    able to print the entire workbook and have all the pages numbered. This
    would be a different number than just numbering the pages under a tab. Hope
    this helps explain what I would like to do.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Numbering pages

    Red

    You're right. This does make more sense.

    Page numbers can be printed in the Header or Footer of printed pages.

    Select a tab and right-click "Select all sheets" then File>Page Setup>Headers
    and Footers.

    I'll use Footer for example.

    In the built-in Footers you have Page 1 of ?

    Select that and OK your way out.

    UnGroup the sheets.

    Now, if you print one tab with 10 pages you will get Page 1 of 10, Page 2 of
    10 etc.

    If you print the entire workbook, you will get Page 1 of 50, etc.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP