AMATCH

  1. #1
    Brett
    Guest

    AMATCH

    Does anyone know where to find information about the AMATCH function? There
    is no help available in my excel help files on how to use this function. I
    tried running a search for "AMATCH" in Microsoft Office Onlene, Microsoft
    Knowledge Base, and even All of Microsoft.com but all I get is "Sorry, no
    results were found".

  2. #2

    Re: AMATCH

    Maybe you mean =match()?

    You can refer to Excel's help and Debra Dalgleish's site:

  3. #3
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: AMATCH

    On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:41:01 -0800, "Brett" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know where to find information about the AMATCH function? There
    >is no help available in my excel help files on how to use this function. I
    >tried running a search for "AMATCH" in Microsoft Office Onlene, Microsoft
    >Knowledge Base, and even All of Microsoft.com but all I get is "Sorry, no
    >results were found".

    AMATCH is not a built-in Excel function. Most likely it is a UDF (user-defined
    function) and you would have to speak to whoever wrote the code for it.

    --ron

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: AMATCH

    Charles Williams' FastExcel has an AMATCH function. Maybe that's it:

    http://www.decisionmodels.com/FxlV2WhatsNew.htm

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: AMATCH

    Brett

    Search the 'net.

    You will find references to AMATCH in PERL for fuzzy matching.

    Definitely not an Excel Function.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP