add characters to beginning of text

  1. #1
    Natalie
    Guest

    add characters to beginning of text

    Does anyone know how to add characters to the beginning of numbers -

    I have a list of numbers

    and I want

    I can't use the format cells, as I need the numbers to be text??

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: add characters to beginning of text

    Hi

    With number p.e. in A1:
    =TEXT(A1,"00000")

    --
    When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee
    Arvi Laanemets

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peter Rooney
    Guest

    RE: add characters to beginning of text

    Natalie,

    Select the cells you want tmodify, then run this code:

    Sub AddApostropheToRange()
    Dim CellToModify As Object
    For Each CellToModify In Selection
    CellToModify.Formula = "'0" & CellToModify.Formula
    Next CellToModify
    End Sub

    Hope this helps

    Pete