Amortization

  1. #1
    Sam
    Guest

    Amortization

    HomeLoan computation:

    By given loan amt(PV), % rate(rate), tenure(nper), we may compute the
    instalment by using '=PMT' function.

    If the tenure = 20 years and we wish to find the outstanding principal after
    10 years, we may get it by using amortisation.

    Question: is amortisation available in Excel 2003?

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Amortization

    There is a CUMPRINC function that returns the cumulative principal paid
    between 2 periods. If you subtract that from the initial loan amount, it
    should give you the balance.

  3. #3
    N Harkawat
    Guest

    Re: Amortization

    or simply using PV function for the remaining period for the PMT, rate% and
    period = 10 years

    news:[email protected]...