CHR( ) request

  1. #1
    Bony Pony
    Guest

    CHR( ) request

    Hi again,
    If CHR(13) is the representation of the ENTER key, what
    would it be for Alt F11 ??

    Thanks to all!
    Best regards,
    Bony Pony

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: CHR( ) request

    CHR$() returns codes for printable characters. The function keys, arrow keys,
    Ins, Del, Shift, Ctrl, Alt, etc don't produce printable characters.

    Why do you need this information? Are you trying to detect that ALT+F11 was
    pressed? If so, look at OnKey in Help.

  3. #3
    Bony Pony
    Guest

    Re: CHR( ) request

    Hi and thank you for your reply.

    Basically, I have a macro using activecell.codename. For
    some reason, it requires that the VB editor be open
    before it picks up the codename value.

    What I want to do, is invoke Alt F11 from the code to
    open the VBE and then again to close it after the macro
    has run.

    Any ideas?

    Best regards,
    Robert

  4. #4
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: CHR( ) request

    Hmmm.... That syntax, activecell.codename, seems strange to me. When I type
    this in the immediate window

    ? activecell.codename

    I get an error, "object doesn't support this property or method".

    Did you mean ActiveSheet.CodeName? If so, why this syntax? Is your macro
    creating or modifying code?