allocating between positive and negative amounts

  1. #1
    THosier
    Guest

    allocating between positive and negative amounts

    I'm looking for a formula to properly calculate the amount to allocate to
    accounts, some with positive balances, some with negative. example, I need
    to allocate a $500,000 increase to ten different accounts (based on
    percentage of the total), with some accounts having a debit balance, and some
    a credit balance. Would using absolute values work? Any ideas? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: allocating between positive and negative amounts

    Assumptions:
    A1 = $500,000
    A2 thru A11 contain the account balances
    Formula in B2 =
    =(($A2/SUM($A$2:$A$11))*$A$1)+$A2
    copy this down to B11

    HTH,