#DIV/0 ERROR in AVERAGING

  1. #1
    Patty R.
    Guest

    #DIV/0 ERROR in AVERAGING

    I am creating a worksheet for 2005 calendar year that shows averages.

    AVERAGE(C6:AG6)

    However, when I the cells are empty the #div/0! displays. I have been
    trying to do the IF Function to display a 0 if there is nothing to Average.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Patty R.

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: #DIV/0 ERROR in AVERAGING

    =IF(ISERR(AVERAGE(C6:AG6)),0,AVERAGE(C6:AG6))

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: #DIV/0 ERROR in AVERAGING

    =IF(SUM(C6:AG6)=0,0,AVERAGE(C6:AG6))

    RP

  4. #4
    Dave R.
    Guest

    Re: #DIV/0 ERROR in AVERAGING

    One way - which will still show errors in averaging if they occur (as
    opposed to IF(ISERROR(....) ) ;

    =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(C6:AG6=""))=COLUMNS(C6:AG6),0,AVERAGE(C6:AG6))

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: #DIV/0 ERROR in AVERAGING

    Or somewhat shorter and probably faster

    =IF(COUNT(C6:AG6),AVERAGE(C6:AG6),0)

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Steve R
    Guest

    Re: #DIV/0 ERROR in AVERAGING

    Patty

    =IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(C6:AG6)), 0,AVERAGE(C6:AG6))

    Based on your question, this will give month-to-date average. You need to be
    mindful that a zero needs to be entered as approproate to maintain a proper
    running average.

    Steve

  7. #7
    Patty R
    Guest

    Re: #DIV/0 ERROR in AVERAGING

    Bob:

    Your formula worked for my Daily numbers. However, the cell is linked to
    the Monthly cell and it is not averaging correctly with the other months.
    Any suggestions?

    Patty

  8. #8
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: #DIV/0 ERROR in AVERAGING

    Can you explain what you mean with data?

    RP