How do I replace a negative number with zero

  1. #1
    Laura@Gage
    Guest

    How do I replace a negative number with zero

    Hi,
    I need to somehow replace all of the negative numbers in one column
    with zero. I am having issues because I already have a function in the
    column that I need to do this with. Maybe something with formatting?
    Please help. And thanks!

    --
    Laura@Gage

  2. #2

    Re: How do I replace a negative number with zero

    If you can use a helper column of formulas, you could use a formula like:

    =max(0,a1)

    And drag down.

    If you can't use that helper column, you could apply Data|filter|autofilter

    Then filter that column to show the values less than 0.

    Then select those visible cells
    type 0
    hit ctrl-enter to populate all the visible cells.

    data|Filter|show all data
    or
    Remove the filter

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How do I replace a negative number with zero

    You've got at least one response
    in your (almost) identical post in .newusers
    (Please do not multi-post)
    --
    Rgds
    Max