Allow user to be able to create a formula to add/subtract any hig.

  1. #1
    BTaylor
    Guest

    Allow user to be able to create a formula to add/subtract any hig.

    Suggestion:

    Allow Excel users to be able to create a formula to add or subtract any
    highlighted cell of a certain color.

    For example, I would like to be able to add or subtract those cells with a
    yellow background color and not include anything else.

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Allow user to be able to create a formula to add/subtract any hig.

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Allow user to be able to create a formula to add/subtract any hig.

    Hi

    check out
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
    for ideas

    Cheers
    JulieD

  4. #4
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: Allow user to be able to create a formula to add/subtract any hig.

    i experimented with this sub
    Public Sub test()
    Dim ssum As Single
    Dim cell As Range
    ssum = 0
    For Each cell In Range("c1:c7")
    If cell.Font.ColorIndex = 6 Then ssum = ssum + cell
    Next
    MsgBox ssum
    End Sub

    may be better solution be available. you can modify to suit you.