Capital Letters

  1. #1
    Gaute
    Guest

    Capital Letters

    How do i format cells to always change to capital letters?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Houston, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaute
    How do i format cells to always change to capital letters?
    The formula

    =upper(A1)

    will change all the letters in Cell A1 to uppercase.
    BenjieLop
    Houston, TX

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Melbourne
    This code may do the trick. To enter this code, right-click on the sheet tab to open the VB Editor and simply paste the code in. This particular example will change any entry in column A to Upper Case but it can be adjusted to suit your particular needs.

    On Error GoTo Finish

    If Left(Target.Address, 2) = "$A" Then Target.Value = UCase(Target.Value)

    Finish:

    Application.EnableEvents = True

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Capital Letters

    You don't. You could use event code

    On Error GoTo ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then
    With Target
    .Value = Proper(.Value)
    End With
    End If

    ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = True

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Capital Letters

    Gaute

    Use a worksheet event.

    If Target.Column > 8 Then Exit Sub
    On Error GoTo ErrHandler
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula)
    ErrHandler:
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  6. #6
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Capital Letters

    Hi, BobL

    He said capitals, from which I assume upper case, so it should be

    .Value = UCase$(.Value)

    But if he did mean proper case, it has to be

    .Value = Application.Proper(.Value)

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Capital Letters

    Hi Myrna,

    I think I was mixing this with another post that asked for proper case :-)

    Bob

    news:[email protected]...