autonumber values

  1. #1
    rlmanderson
    Guest

    autonumber values

    Is there a way to make a cell obtain a formula that will update a number each
    time you open the worksheet? For example I created my own invoice and I want
    to start my invoices at 1000 and then each time I open it to create a new one
    that number would automatically update one so it would be 1001 . . . . 1002 .
    .. . . 1003 etc. etc. I've looked and looked and can't figure out how to do
    it and I'm sure it's possible. Please help!

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: autonumber values

    JE McGimpsey's site has code you can use.

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

    If not familiar with macros, see David MCRitchie's site for getting started.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP