mistakes in the Excel functions (help on line french version at le

  1. #1
    sergeK
    Guest

    mistakes in the Excel functions (help on line french version at le

    correct the formulas in the help on line (replace commas by semicolons).
    indeed the functions do not work because of this mistake
    e.g. the SOMME (in french, for SUM) function argument has separators as
    coma, and should be semi colon

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: mistakes in the Excel functions (help on line french version at le

    IS this a question or a statement?

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: mistakes in the Excel functions (help on line french version at le

    As I understand it, the separator for function arguments is:
    1) a comma for county version where the decimal separator in numbers is a
    period, and
    2) a semi-colon for local version where the comma is used as the decimal
    separator in numbers
    So in France one-and-a-half Francs is written as 1,50, so semi-colons are
    used in functions but in UK, US, Canada, Australia, NewZeeland etc where we
    write 1.50 then commas are used in function.
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

  4. #4
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: mistakes in the Excel functions (help on line french version at le

    "Bernard Liengme" <[email protected]> wrote...
    >used in functions but in UK, US, Canada, Australia, NewZeeland etc where we
    >write 1.50 then commas are used in function.

    Aussi en Québec?

  5. #5
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: mistakes in the Excel functions (help on line french version at le

    Pardonez moi! I did not want to get into domestic problems!

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: mistakes in the Excel functions (help on line french version at le

    Pardonnez-moi? :-)

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: mistakes in the Excel functions (help on line french version at le

    Bob Phillips wrote...
    >Pardonnez-moi? :-)

    Qu=E9b=E9cois, pas fran=E7ais?