Converting 'General' formatted cells to Text formatted cell using.

  1. #1
    Zahid Khan
    Guest

    Converting 'General' formatted cells to Text formatted cell using.

    How do I send data from a 'General' formatted cell to a 'text' formatted
    cell? The end result required is a cell in 'text' format displaying the sent
    data.

    I wish to use a formula to do this, instead of using right-click, format
    cells, select 'Text' as format.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Converting 'General' formatted cells to Text formatted cell using.

    Zahid

    Assuming the number 1234.78 in A1 formatted as General.

    In B1 enter =TEXT(A1,"0.00")

    BTW....you can't "send" data from one cell to another using a formula.

    You can only return a value into a cell which has the formula.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP