Conditional Formating on calculated data in a pivot table

  1. #1
    David
    Guest

    Conditional Formating on calculated data in a pivot table

    Hi:

    I'm trying to do a conditional format on some e-commerce stats I have
    calculated in a pivot table. The field types are eBL% eBook% eSI%. I
    want to say something like if between 0 and .5 collor background red... else
    color background green...

    I've been able to do this on data outside of a pivot table but I can't seem
    to figure out how to do it on a pivot table.

    Help??

    rgds
    David

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating on calculated data in a pivot table

    You can apply conditional formatting to a pivot table, but it's more
    difficult, because its size and shape can change.

    Select a range of cells that you expect the pivot table would fill at it
    s widest or tallest.
    Choose Format>Conditional Formatting
    From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is
    In the formula box, type a formula that refers to the active cell, e.g.:

    =AND(A5>=0,A5<=0.5,A5<>"")
    Click the Format button, and choose the options you want.
    Click OK, click OK.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List