How can I share a macro with other users in the network within a .

  1. #1
    Veronica
    Guest

    How can I share a macro with other users in the network within a .

  2. #2

    Re: How can I share a macro with other users in the network within a .

    Macros live in workbooks.

    If you share the workbook, you've shared the macros.

    If you want a pretty interface to your macros, take a look at the way John
    Walkenbach does it in his MenuMaker workbook:

    ps. If you post your question in the body of the message, it won't get
    truncated and you might get help quicker.

  3. #3
    Dave Unger
    Guest

    Re: How can I share a macro with other users in the network within a .

    Dave,

    Please expand on your "truncation" comment. I've been having trouble
    today with my messages being truncated, accessed through Google groups.
    Don't know why, hasn't happened before.

    Thanks,

    Dave Unger

  4. #4

    Re: How can I share a macro with other users in the network within a .

    I don't use Access, but you can see how excel truncates strings by...

    1. Create a new workbook.
    in A1 of sheet1, put this:
    =rept("asdf ", 500)
    In A2, put =len(a1)
    you'll see 2500
    save this workbook (but don't close it)

    2. Create new workbook.
    in A1 of sheet1, put a formula that points back at that A1 with
    the long string
    It should look something like: =[book1.xls]Sheet1!$A$1
    In A2, put =len(a1)
    you'll see 2500.

    3. Close that workbook that you created in step 1.

    4. Select A1 (of the second workbook)
    Hit F2|Enter (to reevalate the formula)
    You'll see the string change and the length change in A2.

    Same kind of thing happens using Access (but I don't speak the Access). (Yeah,
    I like that phrase!)

  5. #5
    Lady Layla
    Guest

    Re: How can I share a macro with other users in the network within a .

    Thanks for the laugh Dave -- I needed one this am

    "Dave Peterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    : I don't use Access, but you can see how excel truncates strings by...
    :
[...]
    : Dave Unger wrote:
    : >
    : > Dave,
    : >
    : > Please expand on your "truncation" comment. I've been having trouble
    : > today with my messages being truncated, accessed through Google groups.
    : > Don't know why, hasn't happened before.
    : >
    : > Thanks,
    : >
    : > Dave Unger
    :
    : --
    :
    : Dave Peterson

  6. #6
    Lady Layla
    Guest

    Re: How can I share a macro with other users in the network within a .

    Subject headers are only allowed so many characters -- see the subject on this

    If the OP would have posted the ? within the body of the message then we could
    have seen the entire message

    As to messages themselves being truncated -- try accessing the NG through OE or
    another Newsreader rathern than Google or any other Web service. It may just be
    a web interface problem

    "Dave Unger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    : Dave,
    :

  7. #7
    Dave Unger
    Guest

    Re: How can I share a macro with other users in the network within a .

    Thanks Lady,

    Am still on a "learning curve" using these groups, thought maybe there
    was a common problem as I was having some difficulty yesterday. My
    apologies for butting in on the thread.

    Dave

  8. #8

    Re: How can I share a macro with other users in the network within a .

    Don't appologize for that--well, unless you're severely off topic--and I mean
    severely.

  9. #9

    Re: How can I share a macro with other users in the network within a .

    Oops. I thought it was a followup to a different question.

    It took me a bit to see the humor you saw.

    (And I guess my response was completely off topic!)

    Sorry <vbg>,