Return the latest date from a list of dates

  1. #1
    davidp
    Guest

    Return the latest date from a list of dates

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    RE: Return the latest date from a list of dates

    with your list of dates in A1:A100
    =MAX(A1:A100)

    Cheers
    JulieD

  3. #3
    davidp
    Guest

    RE: Return the latest date from a list of dates

    thanks. sometimes its right in front of you!

  4. #4
    john.bedford3
    Guest

    Re: Return the latest date from a list of dates

    How would you adapt this if you wanted to find the latest date in a
    particular month from a list of dates?

    --
    John
    Delete extra @ to reply
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Return the latest date from a list of dates

    Assuming your dates are in column A, and the number of the month you wish to
    call up is in C1........
    put this in B1 and copy down.... =IF(MONTH(A1)=$C$1,A1,"")

    then in D1 put this....... =MAX(B:B)

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Ron Rosenfeld

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:25:43 GMT, "john.bedford3" <john.bedford3@@ntlworld.com>
    wrote:

    >How would you adapt this if you wanted to find the latest date in a
    >particular month from a list of dates?

    Assume:

    Dates: named range including all your dates. Can be in any order.
    Month: named range (cell) containing the month number (1=Jan)

    Array formula:

    =MAX((MONTH(Dates)=Month)*Dates)

    To enter an array formula, you must hold down <ctrl><shift> while hitting
    <enter>. XL will place braces {...} around the formula.

    --ron

  7. #7
    john.bedford3
    Guest

    Re: Return the latest date from a list of dates

    Thanks, I will keep a note of this for future reference. Ron's method suits
    my spreadsheet better in this case.

    John
    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    john.bedford3
    Guest

    Re: Return the latest date from a list of dates

    Thanks Ron that has solved another problem for me.

    John
    news:[email protected]...

  9. #9
    Ron Rosenfeld

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:20:33 GMT, "john.bedford3" <john.bedford3@@ntlworld.com>
    wrote:

    >Thanks Ron that has solved another problem for me.
    >
    >John

    Glad to help. Thank you for the feedback.

    --ron