If or Lookup

  1. #1
    LostNFound
    Guest

    If or Lookup

    I have a spreadsheet with numbers from 1-20 in column A and a formula that
    returns either a yes or 0(blank) in column D. I am trying to set a formula
    that would look down A and if it contains a 1 give me the total number of
    ones and then the total number of ones with "yes" only then give me the
    percentage of 1's with no "yes" Because Yes means you were late and I need to
    know the percentage of on time. I need to do this with the 2's in column A
    and the 3's in column A and so on until I get to 6's then it will be 6 and
    up...
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: If or Lookup

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=1),--(D1:D100="yes"))/COUNTIF(A1:A100,1)

    will give the percentage

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: If or Lookup

    In F1 throught F20 put the #s 1 through 20.
    In G1, put the following formula AS AN ARRAY.
    =SUM((A1:A8=F1)*(D1:D8="Yes")*1)
    what should appear in the cell is...
    {=SUM((A1:A8=F1)*(D1:D8="Yes")*1)}
    To make an array, while creating or editing the formula, hit
    'Ctrl-Shift-Enter'. { and } brackets will surround the formula if you did it
    right (NOTE: you can NOT simply put the brackets in.)
    Copy this formula from G1 to G20.
    This is the count of 'yes' responses to the number in column F
    In H1, put...
    =COUNTIF(A1:A8,F1)
    This is the count of the number in column F
    In I1, put...
    =G1/H1
    This is the percentage of 'yes' for the number in column F
    In J1, put...
    =1-I1
    This is the percentage of 'no' for the number in column F
    Copy the formulas in H, I and J down to row 20.

    HTH,
    Gary Brown

  4. #4
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: If or Lookup

    Remember to correct for the ranges. In other words, the below example has
    data from row 1 to row 8, but your data may be from row 2 to row 2500.
    HTH,
    Gary Brown

  5. #5
    LostNFound
    Guest

    Re: If or Lookup

    Is this counting the "yes" only with "1" in column A! Is it looking for both
    criterias?
    I had eight ones in column A and one yes were there was a one and it
    returned 12.5% it should have returned 88%

    What did I do wrong??

  6. #6
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: If or Lookup

    LostNFound wrote:
    > Is this counting the "yes" only with "1" in column A! Is it looking for both
    > criterias?
    > I had eight ones in column A and one yes were there was a one and it
    > returned 12.5% it should have returned 88%
    >
    > What did I do wrong??
    >
    > "Bob Phillips" wrote:
    >

    >>=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=1),--(D1:D100="yes"))/COUNTIF(A1:A100,1)
    >>
    >>will give the percentage

    Replace the "yes" bit with just "".