rounding to closest 5 cents

  1. #1
    lk
    Guest

    rounding to closest 5 cents

    I am using Excel 2003

    How do you round the contents of a cell to the closest five cents.

    Thanks
    lk

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: rounding to closest 5 cents

    =MROUND(A1,0.05)

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: rounding to closest 5 cents

    =ROUND(C10*20,0)/20

    RP

  4. #4
    lk
    Guest

    Re: rounding to closest 5 cents

    When I try to use this function I get the error "#NAME?"
    lk

    news:%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    lk
    Guest

    Re: rounding to closest 5 cents

    Thanks "CLR" it works I needed to install the analysis toolpack
    lk

  6. #6
    Ron Rosenfeld

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:36:12 +1000, "lk" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am using Excel 2003
    >
    >How do you round the contents of a cell to the closest five cents.
    >
    >Thanks
    >lk

    If you have the Analysis ToolPack installed:

    =mround(A1,0.05)

    If you do NOT have the ATP installed:

    =ROUND(A1/0.05,0)*0.05

    --ron