Export from excel:how do I do it?

  1. #1
    Maria
    Guest

    Export from excel:how do I do it?

    Hi

    I want to export data from excel to another database.
    Can I?
    If it’s possible how do I do it?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    re: Export from excel:how do I do it?

    Almost assuredly you can. Note, however, that Excel is not a 'database,'
    though people tend to use it as such.

    What 'other database' do you want to export to?

    If MS Access or SQL Server, they each have native tools that will simply
    read the Excel file and directly import the data.

    If it is something else that doesn't directly read Excel files, save your
    Excel file as either a CSV (comma separated values) or Txt (tab delimited)
    file by using the menu to choose File | Save As and then selecting the
    appropriate file type from the drop down at the very bottom of the dialog
    box. Once you've saved the file that way, virtually every database can
    read/import your CSV or TXT file

    Duke

  3. #3
    Maria
    Guest

    re: Export from excel:how do I do it?

    The other db is called XOR Compact 4.5 and the ending it´s locking for is .scr