How do I lookup values from rows and columns Simultaneously

  1. #1
    PK
    Guest

    How do I lookup values from rows and columns Simultaneously

    Am trying to create a fomulae that will look up data dependant on rows and
    columns. E.g In the lookup range cells A1:A10 contains diffrent item codes
    and columns B1:D1 contains months i.e Jan-05, April-05, Aug-05 (being
    datevalue labels). Cells B2:D10 contain the data dependant e.g rates.

    On the output sheet which contains item codes (A1:A10) and B1:M1 the months
    of the year (Jan to Dec-05). For cells B1:M10 it should be pick rates for the
    months that are less or equal to the column month (B1:M1) and itemcode as per
    column A.

  2. #2
    LanceB
    Guest

    RE: How do I lookup values from rows and columns Simultaneously

    I am guessing there is a better way

    =INDEX(Sheet1!$B$2:$D$10,MATCH($A2,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$10),MATCH(SUMPRODUCT(MAX((Sheet1!$B$1:$D$1<=B$1)*Sheet1!$B$1:$D$1)),Sheet1!$B$1:$D$1,0))

    HTH
    Lance

  3. #3
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: How do I lookup values from rows and columns Simultaneously

    Assuming that Sheet1 contains your source data, and Sheet2 contains your
    output...

    On Sheet2, enter the following formula in B2, copied across and down:

    =INDEX(Sheet1!$B$2:$D$10,MATCH(Sheet2!$A2,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$10,0),MATCH(Shee
    t2!B$1,Sheet1!$B$1:$D$1))

    Hope this helps!