Save as not working for laptop to desktop

  1. #1
    Adra
    Guest

    Save as not working for laptop to desktop

    I am using network connection for laptop and desktop. Save as function is not
    working to save open file on desktop from laptop.It says file is located on
    unavailable volume or password protected.

  2. #2
    David
    Guest

    RE: Save as not working for laptop to desktop

    I am having a similar problem with a group of computers accessing a file
    server. I blame it partially on a conflict between the server, running
    Windows 98, and the clients running Windows XP. Is this the case between
    your 2 computers also?

  3. #3
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: Save as not working for laptop to desktop

    Sounds like you don't have administrative rights to save to the desktop's
    hard drive. Talk to your administrator.
    HTH,
    Gary Brown

  4. #4
    Worm
    Guest

    RE: Save as not working for laptop to desktop

    Hi Gary that is not the problem coz i am the administrator.... and also i got
    the solution for it i think that there is a problem with one of the upgrades
    that was recently released by Microsoft which is not compatible with
    networking computers.
    i reinstalled the office and now its working fine as it used to a couple of
    weeks ago.

    anyways thnx for the time you took to reply my question actually thats more
    important.