If Statement - in time not decimal minutes

  1. #1
    Sue
    Guest

    If Statement - in time not decimal minutes

    Unfortunately, they are using time. Would I set the formula up to multiply by
    1440? =IF(D2-C2)*1440<10,0,IF(D2-C2)*1440<60,1,"")) Thank you for your help!

    "Bob Phillips" wrote:

    > I am assuming that you use decimal minutes (e.g. 10m for ten mins) not time
    > (00:10:00).
    >
    > =IF(D2-C2<10,0,IF(D2-C2<60,1,""))
    >
    > --
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > RP
    >

    > "Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I am helping an hospital emergency department track times that it takes

    > for
    > > EKGs to be ordered after a patient is admitted to ER. I have 3 columns -

    > ER
    > > Admit Time, Paged Time, and EKG Ordered Greater than 10 min. after

    > Admission.
    > > The times are in minutes and seconds. I am wanting Excel to put "1" in the
    > > EKG Ordered Greater than 10 Min. column if cell D2 (Paged Time) - C2 (ER
    > > Admit Time)is greater than or equal to 10 minutes but less than 60

    > minutes.
    > > If it is less than 10 minutes, I am wanting it to put a "0" in the cell.

    > If
    > > it is equal to 60 or above - leave blank. How would I set this up??

    > Thanks!
    > > Sue

    Expand AllCollapse All

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: If Statement - in time not decimal minutes

    One way:

    =IF((D2-C2)<1/144,0,IF((D2-C2)<1/24,1,""))