can i sum up only visible cells?

  1. #1
    Wink
    Guest

    can i sum up only visible cells?

    I have a spreadsheet that numbers get pasted into each day, there are many
    cells that are hidden within the spreadsheet and the "sum" function includes
    them in the calculations, I don't want it to.

    Is there an easy way of doing it?

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: can i sum up only visible cells?

    =SUBTOTAL(109,A1:A20)

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: can i sum up only visible cells?

    Only with version 2003.

    The SUBTOTAL Function in earlier versions does not accomodate hidden
    cells/rows, only filtered cells/rows.

    If an earlier version, copy the visible cells to another area or sheet and SUM
    them there.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP