How to convert entire excel document from lower to upper case

  1. #1
    Paul
    Guest

    How to convert entire excel document from lower to upper case

    I'm merging several excel documents and some are lower case and some are all
    in upper case. How can I convert the entire document from one to the other?
    Thanks for any suggestions I get.
    Paul

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: How to convert entire excel document from lower to upper case

    Apply the UPPER() function to all the text, then do a Copy/Paste Special
    values to convert the results back to text

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to convert entire excel document from lower to upper case

    Paul

    This would require a macro if you don't want to follow Duke's formula method.

    David McRitchie has the appropriate macros at his site.

    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP