saving options along with spreadsheet

  1. #1
    woody
    Guest

    saving options along with spreadsheet

    I'm trying to distribute a form that has only 5 unlocked cells, four in row
    10 ( columns A,B,C,D ) and one in row 20 ( Column A )

    My intention is that the user will fill the 4 cells in row 10, and then
    later fill the cell in row 20.

    By default, when the user hits Enter in A10, the cursor jumps DOWN to A20.
    I know I can set the TOOLS/OPTION/EDIT/MOVE DIRECTION to RIGHT, and that
    solves the problem , BUT ONLY IN MY COMPUTER.

    Is it possible to save that option in the spreadsheet, so that when the user
    loads the spreadsheet in HIS computer, the "right" ( excuse the pun ) option
    is already selected for him.

    thanks for your help

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: saving options along with spreadsheet

    woody

    With sheet protection enabled and those 5 cells unlocked.

    Instruct user to hit the TAB key rather than the ENTER key.

    OR if users insist on the ENTER key, use event code that tracks to the cells
    in the order you want.

    Sample code......

    Select Case Target.Address
    Case "$A$10"
    Range("B10").Select
    Case "$B$10"
    Range("C10").Select
    Case "$C$10"
    Range("D10").Select
    Case "$D$10"
    Range("A20").Select
    End Select
    End Sub

    Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"

    Copy/paste the above into that module.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP