Backwards lookup

  1. #1
    Derek
    Guest

    Backwards lookup

    Sorry if this is a repost--- The first one may not have actually made it.

    I have an array A1:C10 on an existing worksheet. I need a look up function
    where by I can enter a vlue that would be found in ColC and return the
    corresponding value from ColA. Can this be done without having to copy and
    paste a new table with the standard vlookup orientation?
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Backwards lookup

    Hi

    =INDEX($A$1:$A$10,MATCH(LookupValue,$C$1:$C$10,0),0)

    Arvi Laanemets

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    N Harkawat
    Guest

    Re: Backwards lookup

    =INDEX($A$1:$A$10,MATCH(D1,$C$1:$C$10,0))
    where D1 holds the value that you would enter

  4. #4
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Backwards lookup