Points behind next rank in a fantasy league

  1. #1
    Goody
    Guest

    Points behind next rank in a fantasy league

    Here I go again! I run a fantasy racing league. I have a formula that
    calculates points behind the first place player. How do I create a formula
    to show points behind the next player? Here's my formula for the points
    behind the leader:
    =MAX(AR14,AR25,AR36,AR46,AR56,AR69,AR79,AR89,AR99)-AR14
    I also show a player's rank, can (or would) that work to help calculate
    this? Here's the rank formula: =RANK(AR14,AR4:AR109)
    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Roland
    Guest

    RE: Points behind next rank in a fantasy league

    I'll make a couple of suggestions.

    Start by pulling your subtotals into a new column. It appears from your
    formula that you have them in column AR beneath data, likely grouped by
    league participant.

    With subtotals in a new column, such as column AS, then you can easily use
    the LARGE worksheet function in a manner such as LARGE(AS:AS,1) -
    LARGE(AS:AS,2) to get your point separation.

    You could use the RANK function which you have already mentioned on column
    AS to generate the rank figures for the subtotals in column AS. For example,
    perhaps cell AT49 could read RANK(AS49,AS:AS,1). These rank values could
    then be used in lieu of the 1 and the 2 in the LARGE functions above.