Grand total same cell in all worksheets

  1. #1
    Don Kline
    Guest

    Grand total same cell in all worksheets

    I've lost my copy of a function that would add up the same cell in every
    other worksheet in a workbook other than the one on which I am using the
    function..

    Basically I have a grand total worksheet. Every other worksheet will have
    values in an identical structure on which I want to get a total no matter
    how many sheets are in the workbook. As I recall, it required the use of
    Application.Parent.Parent to exclude the worksheet on which the function is
    being used.

    I need help in reproducing that function.

  2. #2
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Grand total same cell in all worksheets

    On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 04:37:34 -0500, "Don Kline" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I've lost my copy of a function that would add up the same cell in every
    >other worksheet in a workbook other than the one on which I am using the
    >function..
    >
    >Basically I have a grand total worksheet. Every other worksheet will have
    >values in an identical structure on which I want to get a total no matter
    >how many sheets are in the workbook. As I recall, it required the use of
    >Application.Parent.Parent to exclude the worksheet on which the function is
    >being used.
    >
    >I need help in reproducing that function.

    =SUM(Sheet10:Sheet2!C1)

    In Help type in "3D" (without the quotes) and then look for the topic: "Refer
    to the same cell or range on multiple sheets"

    --ron

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Grand total same cell in all worksheets

    Don

    With your Grand Total sheet first in book.

    Insert a dummy sheet to the right. Name it Start

    Insert a dummy sheet at end of sheets. Name it End.

    In Grand Total sheet enter =SUM(Start:End!cellref)

    When inserting new sheets make sure they are inserted between Start and End
    sheets.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP