multifuntion formula

  1. #1
    jeff moore via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    multifuntion formula

    I'm trying to figure out how can create do give me the following information

    These are my column headers
    ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC D E
    dateH dateR dateT LC RC
    2/2/2004 3/8/2004 I06 009
    12/1/2003 2/3/2003 I08 514
    3/22/2004 3/24/2004 V12 010
    4/12/2004 5/11/2004 v25 4365
    12/1/2003 12/4/2003 V25 514
    5/24/2004 6/3/2004 I06 514
    5/24/2004 6/8/2004 V12 009

    In column F I have inserted the formula to calculate the number of months.
    At the bottom of column F I need a count of how many were 1-3 months,
    I06,I08 (Info from column D); how many were 1-3 months V12; How many were 1-
    3 months V25. I also need a formula to count how many were from 514
    (column E) were V12 and how many 514 were V25.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: multifuntion formula

    Hi Jeff

    i think you're after the COUNTIF function
    e.g.
    =COUNTIF(D1:D100,"V12")
    with the first one you're after you can do
    =COUNTIF(D1:D100,"I06")+COUNTIF(D1:D100,"I08")

    hope this helps

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD