Opening an excel spreadsheet

  1. #1
    Frustrated
    Guest

    Opening an excel spreadsheet

    I am trying to open an excel spreadsheet that I use rather often. Now, when
    trying to open it I get an response: Format now valid. How can I fix this?
    I have office XP

    Thanks
    Pat Laekrs

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Opening an excel spreadsheet

    Assumptions.........

    You have Excel installed on your computer.

    You are not trying to open from removable media such as floppy or CD.

    A good chance that this file was opened using Word and then saved.

    Word will save as a Word Document format without warning.

    File now is unreadable by Excel.

    OR file was saved directly to or opened from removable media and became
    corrupt, which can happen in some circumstances.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP