Formula for finding the differance between two times

  1. #1
    DP01
    Guest

    Formula for finding the differance between two times

    I'm trying to find a formula that gives me the hh:mm between a start and
    finish time of any shift, regardless of if it crosses over midnight, eg:
    20:00 to 02:00. I have found formula's that give an answer of 20:00 to 02:00
    = 20:00, but I need a result like 20:00 to 02:00 = 6:00. Any Suggestions?

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Formula for finding the differance between two times

    Start time in A1
    End time in B1

    =((B1-A1)+(A1>B1))*24
    Format the cell as "General"