'add-to-basket' function

  1. #1
    A little Help
    Guest

    'add-to-basket' function

    I am trying to create an invoice workbook. One spreadsheet will have all our
    stock on with its relevent prices next to it, and the other will have a
    invoice template on its spreadsheet. What i am trying to work out, is how to
    create a function (similar to an 'add-to-basket' function on a shopping
    website) that i can click add-to-invoice an item of stock with its quantity
    and relative price, in the three seperate cells of the invoice spreadsheet.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction in designing this in excel?

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: 'add-to-basket' function

    Hi

    one approach is to use data / validation to give you a drop down of products
    to choose from in one column and then VLOOKUP in the next to columns to
    bring in the associated information ... if you'ld like a sample workbook
    showing an excel invoicing system along these lines, email me direct at
    julied_ng At hcts dot net dot au

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD