Pivot Tables: How do I show ALL field rows, including empty rows??

  1. #1

    Pivot Tables: How do I show ALL field rows, including empty rows??

    In creating a pivot table, is there a way to "show all" even if there
    isn't any data?

    example:

    Name value
    category1 $40
    category2 $60
    category3 0

    Usually, category3 would be filtered out by the pivot table because it
    is empty. I need the category to be displayed regardless of whether it
    has values in it. Can this be done??

    thanks!

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Tables: How do I show ALL field rows, including empty rows??

    Double-click the Name field button
    Check the box 'Show items with no data'
    Click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: Pivot Tables: How do I show ALL field rows, including empty rows??

    Sounds like category 3 isn't even in the data that the pivot table is created
    from. At the end of the data, stick a listing of the categories. Now they
    will show up.
    HTH,
    Gary Brown