roundup - error in formula

  1. #1
    nopfusch
    Guest

    roundup - error in formula

    I'm not sure if my 1st question was properly posted - we had a power failure.

    Office 97 upgraded to Premium 2000.
    4-6 weeks ago I upgradet my XPpro Sp1 to Sp2 and about the same time I
    updated the 1st time excel.
    I have not used excel since, but today. The straight forward formula
    =roundup(33.321,2) creates an error message.
    Please help
    Regards
    nopfusch

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: roundup - error in formula

    What error message?

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: roundup - error in formula

    "nopfusch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm not sure if my 1st question was properly posted - we had a power

    failure.

    > Office 97 upgraded to Premium 2000.
    > 4-6 weeks ago I upgradet my XPpro Sp1 to Sp2 and about the same time I
    > updated the 1st time excel.
    > I have not used excel since, but today. The straight forward formula
    > =roundup(33.321,2) creates an error message.
    > Please help
    > Regards
    > nopfusch

    =roundup(33321.2,2) works for me. Remove the ".".
    /Fredrik

  4. #4
    nopfusch
    Guest

    Re: roundup - error in formula

    the message is a big yellow standard insert and reads:
    ! Microsoft Excel
    the formula you typed contains an error.
    For information of fixing common formular problems, click help.
    To get assistance about entering a function click OK, and then Function on
    the insert menu.
    If you are not typing a formula, avoid using an equal (=) sign or a minus
    (-) sign or
    precede it with a single quotation (') mark.

    whilst looking up the wording and the corrective steps, I found that I typed
    =roundup(33.321,2) and not =roundup(33.321;2) !!!
    Stupid mistake, but thanks, because of your question I found my mistake.
    Regrads
    nopfusch

  5. #5
    nopfusch
    Guest

    Re: roundup - error in formula

    my selfmade error was I wrote roundup(33.321,2) instead of roundup(33.321;2).
    thanks anyway
    nopfusch