combo box problem I am pulling my hair out about!!!!

  1. #1
    TerryStyles
    Guest

    combo box problem I am pulling my hair out about!!!!

    I really hope someone can help me....

    I am creating a quote form. It is for a roofing company and I want to be
    able to create a combo box which lets me select an item, and then in an
    adjacent column bring up the dollar value for that selected item. ie.

    MATERIAL AMOUNT COST
    TOTAL
    Colorbond 10m² $25
    $250

    Under 'Material' I want a list or combo box to select items from. When I
    select an item, I want the cost of it to show under the 'cost' column.

    How can I do this? Please help...

    Terry

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: combo box problem I am pulling my hair out about!!!!

    Tinker around with this ..

    First, set-up the Material - Unit Cost table below
    in Sheet2, in A2:C4

    1 Colorbond 25
    2 WP_Paint 20
    3 Tile Type A 50

    In Sheet1
    ------------
    Assume A1:D4 houses the headers: Material, Amt, Cost, Total

    Draw a combo box (from the Forms Toolbar) over cell A2

    Right-click on it > Format Control

    Put in:
    Input range: Sheet2!$B$2:$B$4
    Cell link: $A$2