Filling cells on a summary page

  1. #1
    Jaytee
    Guest

    Filling cells on a summary page

    To set the scene:
    31 tabs, one for each day in a month. One tab that says "summary". Each
    daily tab boils down call volume by hour. The Summary tab will gather that
    data by day. Therefore, on the summary tab, I have the days of the month,
    1-31, across the top, and the phone cubicles down the left side.
    So,column 1 is titles, column 2 shows data from tab "1", and column 3 shows
    data from tab "2".
    My Problem: when I drag the column 2 formula across, I need it to
    automatically change the tab protion of the reference to the next successive
    tab.

    Can it be done?

  2. #2
    Nige
    Guest

    RE: Filling cells on a summary page

    See if this works:

    =INDIRECT("Sheet" & COLUMN()-1 & "!A1")

    This assumes the tabs/worksheets are called Sheet1, Sheet2 etc.., that this
    formula is in in the second column of the first worksheet , and that the
    total or whatever you want is in cell A1 in all the other sheets, but maybe
    you can adapt it.

    If your worksheets are just called 1, 2 etc then just take out the "Sheet" &
    part.

    Nige