Using SumIF formulas with multiple lookup values

  1. #1
    Chris Freeman
    Guest

    Using SumIF formulas with multiple lookup values

    I need to use a sumif-like formula that totals like a sumif, but have
    multiple lookups like a sumproduct. The formula would lookup a persons name
    AND a date entered another field that is used as the filter, within a list of
    names, dates, and column values. I tried this but it didn't work:
    SUMIF('Raw Data'!$B$2:$B$200,--('Chart Data'!$F$4,--('Chart
    Data'!$B$12)),'Raw Data'!E$2:E$200)

    Let me know if you need clarification

    Thanks in advance
    --
    Chris Freeman
    IT Project Coordinator

  2. #2
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Using SumIF formulas with multiple lookup values

    Chris Freeman wrote:
    > I need to use a sumif-like formula that totals like a sumif, but have
    > multiple lookups like a sumproduct. The formula would lookup a persons name
    > AND a date entered another field that is used as the filter, within a list of
    > names, dates, and column values. I tried this but it didn't work:
    > SUMIF('Raw Data'!$B$2:$B$200,--('Chart Data'!$F$4,--('Chart
    > Data'!$B$12)),'Raw Data'!E$2:E$200)
    >
    > Let me know if you need clarification
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    A name and a date as conditions would require a formula with a different
    function than SumIf. One option is:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(NameRange=Name),--(DateRange=Date),SumRange)

  3. #3
    Chris Freeman
    Guest

    Re: Using SumIF formulas with multiple lookup values

    Alan
    I tried this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Resource="COLLINS"),--(Date1=B10),SUM(phase1))
    and got the #value! error. Any ideas why?

    Chris

  4. #4
    Valued Forum Contributor
    assuming the ranges "resource", "date1", and "phase1" are all of the same dimensions

    try this

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Resource="COLLINS"),--(Date1=B10),(phase1))
    not a professional, just trying to assist.....

  5. #5
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Using SumIF formulas with multiple lookup values

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Resource="COLLINS"),--(Date1=B10),phase1)

    Resource, Date1, and phase1 should all be 1D (that is, just vectors) and
    of the same size.