CLEAN Formula

  1. #1
    Kristen
    Guest

    CLEAN Formula

    I am trying to use the CLEAN formula in Excel which removes unprintable
    characters. I can do it for one cell at a time by using the formula
    =Clean(cell reference) but I need to do it for a range of cells as I have
    unprintable characters throughout my entire worksheet. I've tried the
    following formula =Clean(1st cell reference:last cellreference) but I get a
    #Value error. Any ideas or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

    Kristen

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: CLEAN Formula

    Kristen,

    Try

    =CLEAN(cell reference)

    copy that formula through your range of data.

    For example, if you want to apply the formula to cells A1 to A5, put your
    curser in cell B1. Add the formula:

    =CLEAN(A1)

    The go to the standard toolbar and hit Edit -> Copy. Select the range
    B1:B5. Go back to the standard toolbar and hit Edit -> PasteSpecial ->
    Formulas.

    Or even easier, with your curser in cell A1, go to Edit -> Copy. Select
    the range B1:B5. Go back to the standard toolbar and hit Edit -> Paste.

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com