Addition base on condition

  1. #1
    68magnolia71
    Guest

    Addition base on condition

    Hello you all,

    I have the following problem with a production sheet:
    A B, C, etc =the names of thr products
    next column = production time
    next column = addition of production times. Each time the production changes
    the cumulative time should restart. Have tried a couple of function like
    SUMIF but never succeeded.
    I 'll be gratefull for any suggestion

    68magnolia71

    A 05:15 5:15
    A 06:15 11:30
    B 07:15 7:15
    C 08:15 8:15
    C 09:15 17:30
    C 04:15 21:45

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Addition base on condition

    Hi what do you mean exactly by
    " Each time the production changes the cumulative time should restart."
    with the first line of your example
    > A 05:15 5:15

    do you want to see this ....
    A 07:30 0

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    68magnolia71
    Guest

    Re: Addition base on condition

    Hello Julie,

    For example: I did two batches of product "A" thus I sum the time spent =
    5:15 + 6:15 total = 11:30 hours. Then I did 1 bach of product B time spent =
    7:15 hours. Then I did 3 batches of product C, time spent: 8:15 + 9:15 4:15,
    total time = 21:45 hours.

    So what I meant is that each time the name of the product changes I will
    have to restart the spent time so that I can calculate the capacity of the
    workshop: so many tons in so many hours.
    I might have empty rows between the operations. For example the first batch
    of product A could be on row 1, the next one on row 10, with intermediate
    steps for batch 1 in the rows 2 through 9 but no calculations.

    Hopefully this will help you to built a formula.
    Thank you anyway.

    68magnolia71.

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Addition base on condition

    If I understand you correctly:

    C1: =SUMIF($A$1:$A1,A1,$B$1:$B1)

    Format as a time, and copy down as far as necessary.

    In article <[email protected]>,

  5. #5
    68magnolia71
    Guest

    Re: Addition base on condition

    Hello JE,

    The formula works fine. Thank you very much indeed.
    Nevertheless it remains a dark world for me. Cannot understand why it is
    like it is.Never mind.

    68magnolia71.