Multilevel Sorting?

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    Multilevel Sorting?

    Is there a way to get around the 3 level limit in sortng. Want to sort by 4
    sets to 4 levels or more.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Multilevel Sorting?

    Not in one fell swoop, first sort the least significant etc
    assume you would sort by columns A, B, C and D (in that order of
    significance)
    select C:D and sort in that order, then select A:D and sort by A

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Multilevel Sorting?

    Sort the least significant column first, then sort on the most
    significant 3.

  4. #4
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Multilevel Sorting?

    Hi, Peo:

    If the data requires 4 columns, A:D, I don't think you want to "select C:D and
    sort" do you? That will uncouple the data in columns C and D from that in
    columns A and B.

    I think you mean to select columns A:D, sort on D (or C and D), then with A:D
    still selected, sort on A, B, and C (or A and B). No?

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Multilevel Sorting?

    Correct, meant select all columns and sort by the least significant first
    Thanks

    --

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...