How do I copy only the month from a date

  1. #1
    CCW
    Guest

    How do I copy only the month from a date

    I need to copy just the month from one worksheet "A" to worksheet "B" in the
    same work book so I can count the number of occurances in one month. I also
    have to copy the whole date in worksheet "A" to worksheet "B" in another
    column.

    Worksheet A Worksheet B Column 1 Worksheet B Collumn 2
    To copy To paste To Paste
    03/21/05 03 03/21/05

    Worksheet B ,occasionally, gets sorted by date. Worksheet A will be data
    entry where leaving off the "0" occassionaly in the first 9 months will
    happen from time to time as human error.

    Worksheet A populates worksheet B and once worksheet A is populated the
    newly populated row in B is copied to the row below. Once copied to to the
    row below the data in A is deleted with the next set of data.

    Is this too much for excel and an ACCESS application. I just about have it
    in excel ecept for these two collumns.

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy only the month from a date

    You can get the month of an actual date by using the MONTH(date) function.
    It will return only a 3, not an 03. If you need two digits, use
    =TEXT(MONTH(date),"00")

    Just directly reference the date in Worksheet A to get it into Worksheet B.

    =date

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thief_
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy only the month from a date

    ws2.cells(1,1) = month( ws1.cells(2,2))

    --

    +-- Julian