Birthday Formula

  1. #1
    Joe
    Guest

    Birthday Formula

    I have a long spreadsheet with birth dates (ie. 01/01/2001) on column A. Is
    there a formula that can calculate into number of years to the present date.
    For example, Col A= 04/7/04, Col B =1 year. I'm not sure how to aproach
    this, thanks inadvance. Using office 2000.

    Joe

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Birthday Formula

    Do you know Mortola?

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Nige
    Guest

    RE: Birthday Formula

    You could use the function YearFrac and Now, like this:

    =YEARFRAC(A2,NOW())

    This will give you the years and/or fractions between today's date and the
    date reference, in this case the date in cell A1.

    You can use the Round function too to show the result as whole years:

    =ROUND(YEARFRAC(A1,NOW()),0)

    but experiment to get the rounding to do what you want it to: you might want
    to use Roundup or Rounddown instead.

  4. #4
    Nige
    Guest

    RE: Birthday Formula

    Forgot to say - you'll need the Analysis Toolpak added for the YearFrac
    function to work. Go to Tools, Addins and check the Analysis Toolpak
    checkbox.