Data Valadation help

  1. #1
    KimberlyC
    Guest

    Data Valadation help

    Hi
    I need to make sure that the user only enters the following text into cells
    A8:A500 of a worksheet:
    IA
    IB
    IIA
    IIB
    IC

    If they enter anything other that the above into the cell, then a message
    will pop up explaing such..

    I'm thinking the Data -- Valadation is the way to go.. but I'm not sure how
    to do this..
    Any help is greatly appreciated..
    Thanks in advnace!
    Kimberly

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Data Valadation help

    You can enter the valid items in a list in the workbook. Then, use Data
    Validation to create a dropdown list in cells A8:A500. There are
    instructions in Excel's Help, and here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Data Valadation help

    First put your list in a column somewhere out of the way............say
    X1:X5, then Highlight the cells of interest...........then Data > Validation
    > Allow: List > Source: click the window arrow then highlight your list > be

    sure the box for In-cell dropdown is checked > OK...........you can use the
    Input Message and/or Error Alert tabs as you wish.........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:#[email protected]...