How do I use VLOOKUP to search for text?

  1. #1
    Gman
    Guest

    How do I use VLOOKUP to search for text?

    I have 3 worksheets with information. Sheet one has names in code (text) and
    sheet 2 has the code and the name. I am trying to use LOOKUP to place the
    names on sheet 3 instead of the code.

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How do I use VLOOKUP to search for text?

    Assuming your coded names are in column A of Sheet1, and your coded names
    are also in column A of sheet2 and your real names are in column B of sheet
    2, then put this formula in A1 of Sheet3 and copy down.........

    =VLOOKUP(Sheet1!$A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE)

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...