What are you trying to do with the multiple hits?
If you are looking for a total sumif or sumproduct will work.
if you are looking for a count countif or sumproduct will work.
If you are looking for other mathmatics it depends on the need.
for text information it gets a little more complex but again depends on what
youu need.
If you want to display multiple rows of information it gets even more complex.

In other words, we really need more information to be able to answer the
question.
There are workarounds for many application requirements, and I have seen
some brilliant solutions.