Can someone please help?

  1. #1
    JerryCLT
    Guest

    Can someone please help?

    Is there a way for me to use VLOOKUP (or another function) to be able to
    compare records in one workbook with only one sheet (master workbook 1.xls)
    to another workbook (slave workbook 1.xls) which has multiple worksheets
    without cutting and pasting the multiple worksheets in the later all into one
    sheet?

    Thanks so much if you have an answer.

    Jerry

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Can someone please help?

    It's hard to figure out what might work for you given the vagueness of your
    question. Perhaps you can explain a little more clearly what you want to
    accomplish.

    What do you mean by 'compare' and 'records?'
    How is the data set up in each workbook?

  3. #3
    JerryCLT
    Guest

    VLOOKUP

    Sorry about the ambiguity... I have two workbooks. Both are formatted
    exactly the same. The "master" workbook has rows of data for the entire US
    on a single worksheet. The "slave" workbook has the data broken out into a
    separate worksheet for each state. My objective is to be able to use a
    VLOOKUP or some other function in the master spreadsheet, and name my "table
    array" for all worksheets in the slave workbook at one time instead of having
    to cut and paste all the worksheets for each state into one single worksheet.
    Basically, the master workbook has more records than the slave workbook, so
    I'm trying to set the "range lookup" to FALSE so that I get a "#N/A" for the
    missing records in the master workbook. Hope this helps explain. Thanks for
    your time. Jerry

  4. #4
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: VLOOKUP

    Jerry -

    Without using 50 or so separate VLOOKUPs, I don't see how you'ere going to
    accomplish this. Sorry.

    I will say that exporting all your data into Access or some other database
    program, and using standard queries, would allow you to quickly spit out
    differences between the 2 sets of data.

    Duke